A Note From Robin:
Interbike 2015 was probably the most valuable and productive show I have been to in the years of shop ownership. As a Women's-Centric bike shop, it was thrilling to see so many new products that will appeal to women not only from a fashion/fit perspective, but a technological perspective.
Attending Interbike was important to me for a variety of reasons:
- This business is about relationships - over the years, we become like family. It's good to connect.
- Connect with vendors
- Educational Seminars
- Connect with other retailers - share ideas, growth opportunities, frustrations and successes
- Finding new products!
I had a list of things to accomplish which was hard to do in such a short time, but got my checklist complete! Went to a great Bike Fit Symposium and learned a great deal. Found a great new fitting system for our shop and, as we sell many, many saddles, got the Switchit from Bike Fit to make the process easier! Found a great new system for measuring sit bones which we needed... love the new technology for measuring power and indoor training. Loved the new superbones from Saris. Finally a trunk rack that is easy to install and locks!!
Clearly, the commuting/urban bike lifestyle is a growing trend as we discovered many new products to make this lifestyle easier and more fashionable such as:
- Club Ride urban apparel - always a winner and adding great options for the urban cyclist.
- Revo Lights
- Linka Auto-Unlocking Smart Lock
- Colorful and functional commuter bags
- COLOR! Love the Knog "pop" lights
- Beautiful color in bikes with Fuji, Breezer, Jamis, Linus and Bianchi
- I'm biased, but very excited to see the growth in all the products for women - the selection this year was so exciting and refreshing.
- Lots of beautiful styles and COLOR! Especially colorful bike capri's with an integrated chamois from LiftCycleWear. Tonik takes in consideration all body types and the designs are wonderful. Love what Sugoi is doing for kits for women. So many great products - will be blogging about in the coming days.
- Great to see the Women's Collective area sponsored by Interbike. The seminars they held were mostly standing room only which solidifies the need for attention to this growing demographic.
My favorite part was the Awards Night - grateful to Interbike for providing such an elegant evening to celebrate not just the athletes, but also Independent Bike Dealers that work countless hours on a passion type business. It was such an honor to win, but also wonderful to be in the company of others working to provide excellence in all regards and to be the best!